Search This Blog

Thursday 3 October 2019

2019 season round up/ general update

It’s been a slow ending to my 2019 season with a lack of racing in September; my last race was Ryedale at the end of August.


For September, I’ve just been ticking along keeping the fitness levels up before heading into October for a few weeks off the bike and some down time to reset ahead of next season.


To sum up the 2019 season for me...
It’s been far from what I wanted and for the work I put in, it’s been a bit of a disappointment. Much of this was down to bad luck with a minor heart issue kicking this off before a heavy crash causing a lingering knee injury.
Prior to this, I was very pleased with my results and performances in races. Obviously the stand out performance for me was retaining the KOM jersey in the tour de Bretagne. It was at this point I felt I was gathering momentum with my racing to properly seal down some of the key results that I set out to achieve this season. Due to the set backs I mentioned earlier, this was just too much of an ask for me and I just couldn't get back up to the level at which I was performing at both physically but also mentally. I found the mid-season period particularly tough to deal with. 



Looking towards next year I've had some good discussions with Welsh Cycling. They have really helped me out in all aspects and especially putting my mind at ease giving me the opportunity to race for their Senior Academy next season. I cannot thank Welsh cycling enough for their support over the years and especially giving me a chance to prove my worth in the 2020 season.



Aside from racing, I’ve just come back from a week of riding + a lot of socializing with an ace bunch of friends in Girona which I’ve super enjoyed. It has mentally rejuvenated me and given me the motivation I need for next season. It’s made me enjoy my riding again.  Post mid-season set backs, I lost the love for riding a little and aspects of my training became a bit of a chore. It was great to feel fully passionate about what I’m doing once more.



This is a sign off to my 2019 season. I fully appreciate all the support I’ve been shown this year and can’t wait to get the wheels turning in anger next season now 💪🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment